Thursday, August 19, 2010

They may not cover my windows, but they'll do.

I was in the mood to sew something the other day, but mentioned that I was short on fabric for our bedroom curtains. Most of the high-on-my-priority-list projects in my trusty One-Yard Wonders book require some sort of notion like buckles or rings that I didn't have on hand.

While I may not have an immediate need for picnic place mats, I did have some extra Ikea fabric and a desire to get in a little practice. So, I whipped up these cuties, which we can use just as soon as we get a patio set! And next year's warm season!

picnic place mats


They have a little pocket for silverware and a tab to hold a napkin. Once we tuck those in, we can roll them up and pack them in our picnic basket. That we also don't have. But might! One day!

picnic place mats


picnic place mats

7 comments:

Alicia said...

Cute fabric! You don't have to use them for a picnic! What about dinner? I'm so glad you're doing lots of sewing!

Anonymous said...

I found this through craftgawker. Brilliant idea! I love the pocket detail!

Jennifer said...

I love this even for home! That pocket is a genius idea. I have to get that book. Where do you get your fabrics from?

theisiwayoflife {isi} said...

I looks sooo cute,I start tomorrow doing this too =)

liebe grüße aus Stuttgart von isi

http://theisiwayoflife.blogspot.com/

Diane Barfield said...

I was forever sending my daughter crafty stuff when she lived in Germany, Ramstein. Love what you did with the little dresser.

Anonymous said...

Cute fabric, I love it!!!! The pocket idea is great!
lifeofperks.blogspot.com

theisiwayoflife {isi} said...

pleeeease, can you blog more.. I would love to read and see your DIY'S


...

liebe grüße