Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Twitter AND shoes!? Awesome.

Some companies just make you want to sign over your entire bank account, right arm, left leg and firstborn. Zappos is one of those companies. A while back, I was sandal shopping for the kiddos and got supremely frustrated trying to separate the open-toed chaff from the covered toe wheat. Stupid school rules. I tweeted Zappos' CEO the suggestion that it would sure be handy to be able to pull up all the sandals that cover tiny little toes with one fell click. @Zappos_service tweeted me back the same day with a cordial thanks for the suggestion. A few days later, @Zappos (Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos) followed me and direct messaged me to apologize for the delay (he was traveling) and thank me for the suggestion. Now, as far as I know, they haven't actually incorporated the suggestion. But, I still thought that was some pretty sweet service. Then, yesterday, @zappos tweeted:

Getting ready for our 10 year anniversary all hands meeting in Las Vegas! Hope I don't trip and fall!

I couldn't resist.

Wait, if you're all there, who's sending out shoes!? ;)

I wasn't expecting anything back, so this, from @zappos_service, just tickled me:

Robots! LOL

So, now that I've decided to trade in limb and offspring for some shoes, let's lookeesee what they've got.

Summery D&G wedges. Like walking around on colorful little baskets.
I love the juxtaposition of the neutral naturals and metallics - woven raffia and silver hardware, stacked heels with banded silver - on these BCBG Max Azria slides.
Orange is my favorite color and paired with other warms only makes it better. Fun and not the least bit boring Gabriella Rocha strappy flats.

No comments: