Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dreiundzwanzig

I'm getting behind and confused again. I think yesterday was Day 23. After my tumble off the bike the day before, my knee has been hurting. And looks pretty disgusting. So, we stayed pretty close to home base for most of the day yesterday. We made little trips to the grocery store, the bus stop for El Niño, for Bug's potty breaks, to the park and that was about it. It was actually kind of nice to not be on the move all day, and I got some things done on the blog. Family members who have been tuning in to stay abreast of our Big Move will be bored pretty soon, because I'll be getting back in to the crafts and fashion and bento and general randomness that Chicken Fried Sushi has always been about. A name change is in the works (again), and I've put together a few things I'm pretty excited about posting. But, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Back to Day Dreiundzwanzig. Coming back to the overcrowded Marriott (which only had rooms available now due to the volcanic ash issues and subsequent cancellations), we had to pay the executive military discount rate. It's still within our daily allotted spending and the huge upside is access to the Executive Lounge on the top floor. They have a machine from which I can get waaaaaay too many milchkaffees in a day and Cheeseball can entertain her long lived dream of endless heisse schokolades (hot chocolates). They also serve cocktails and hors d'ouevres in the evening. Which we now call dinner. Tacky, huh? At first I was really hesitant to join the other families we know in the hotel who are doing the same thing. But, The Man reminded me that we're paying quite a bit extra per day for nothing more than access to that lounge. Might as well get our money's worth! Besides, a surprising number of well to do looking folks do exactly the same thing. So, breakfast and dinner are now free and lunch is not expensive. That's funds we can put toward some new furniture when we finally get to move in to a house!!

People are telling us we're crazy to be working so hard at getting in to a house. They think we should milk the travel pay, hotel amenities and free meals as long as we can. But, not only is that ethically wrong on the taxpayer's dime, I just can't wait to start settling in and making our home. CAN'T. WAIT.

Technorati tags: Germany, moving, hotel

No comments: