Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Rocked out with my caulk out.

I didn't even put "rock on" on my list today but I did it anyway. Check this out:




I feel like I totally rocked Chez Sushi today, you guys. I even did a bunch of stuff that wasn't on the list!

I met with Dude of Many Talents and he's all set to tackle the kinds of things I can't really handle/don't have time for like replacing some rotting wood around the bases of posts outside the house, painting the ceilings in a few rooms and blah blah blah.

I caulked the kids' bathroom. I even composed bunches of tweets with the help of the thirteen year old girl in my head while caulking.

Caulk: it's hard.

I just discovered it's better when I handle the caulk with my bare hands.

Hang on, I've gotta wash the caulk off my hands.

Ok, that last one I actually said out loud. To Dude of Many Talents. Then I'm sure I turned bright red, but thankfully he was an old dude who kept having to put his glasses on to check stuff out so maybe he didn't notice.

I did a mini grocery run, too. We've eaten lunch and dinner out pretty much every day since Monday. The kids have been digging that, but also complaining a lot between meals about how starving they are. Whiners. Now they have more options than "would you like a banana and water? or water and a banana?"

Back to the list. I've been spending a lot of time so far this week wandering around saying things like "where in the fuck is my whaddyacallit!?" Which is ineffective. I was watching Worst Cooks in America last night (which, by the way...? wow.) and suddenly it occurred to me that Anne Burrell would be all. over. myass. about my mise en place. And she would be totally right. Getting organized helped SO much! Of course, we have no dining room table anymore but we're about to have no kitchen sink for a couple of days, so whatever.



Regarding #2, I only painted one coat so far. But, one coat including all the edging not adjacent to new caulk is not too shabby. I would have done that too, but I was waiting for the caulk to get hard. (Heh heh. Huh huh.)

All in all, a very productive day. You guys! I even baked cookies. Thanks, I'll take my cape now.

Technorati tags: painting, house sale

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Yay! You got that dessert in! :)

I feel like I'm repeating myself, but go you! Much more productive in this week at home than you would have been if you had gone into work, huh?

Jennifer said...

No, I totally love the cheering! And yes, I would never have gotten this much done between work and the kids. Never!